Saturday, February 25, 2012

Things are looking up. At least for today.

Life is overwhelming.  And for me, increasingly so.  Here is how I cheered myself up yesterday.  First, I found these new "De-Motivational" sayings that lightened my heart with their irreverent sarcasm, and then I packed up my camera and went on a looooong walk--probably about 10 miles while Ashton was in preschool.  It was so therapeutic and got me ready for early out Friday with the kids, as well as everything else I am dealing with.  Life is tough, but thank goodness I still love it.

Believe in Yourself . . . Because the rest of us think you're an idiot.

Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness pays off now.

PERSEVERANCE:  The courage to ignore the obvious wisdom of turning back.

PERSPECTIVE:  Less is more.  Unless you're standing next to the one with more.  Then less just looks pathetic.

COMPROMISE:  Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

ELITISM:  It's lonely at the top, bit it's comforting to look down upon everyone at the bottom.

LONELINESS:  If you find yourself struggling with loneliness, you're not alone.  And yet you are alone.  So very alone.

GIVING UP:  At some point, hanging in there just makes you look like an even bigger loser.

VICTORY:  Winners never fly higher than when they're bouncing up and down on the egos of those they defeat.

PROBLEMS:  No matter how great and destructive your problems may seem now, remember, you've probably only seen the tip of them.

BLAME:  The secret to success is knowing who to blame for you failures.

FAILURE:  When your best just isn't good enough.

LOSING:   If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.

Time heals all wounds.  But it usually leaves a pretty big scar.

When the winds of change blow hard enough, the most trivial of things can become deadly projectiles.

CHALLENGES:  I expected times like this--but I never thought they'd be so bad, so long, and so frequent.

MATURITY:  If you're tired of others looking down on you, then grow the hell up.

DEFEAT:  For every winner, there are dozens of losers.  Odds are, you are one of them.

The downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume you're pretentious.

I feel much better, now that I've given up hope.

Please don't tell me to relax - it's only my tension that's holding me together.

And one of my old favorites which always brings a smile to my face:

WISHES:  When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.

AND of course this one:

DESPAIR:  It's always darkest, before it goes pitch black.

Pictures from my walking adventure.  Yes indeed, God loves us through the beauty of this world.

Beautiful downtown Farmington Main St.


I would love to know the history of all those who lived in this house.
My fave picture from the day.

Everyone deserves a front porch like this.


So quaint


I found this barn hidden behind an old house.  Love it.

St. State pass over, Farmington



















6 comments:

Julie said...

That gave me a good laugh. Sometimes the worst thing you can do is take things seriously. Just have a good old
belly laugh in a high giddy voice. It doesn't make any sense, but it sure feels good. I love the pics from Farmimgton. We're so lucky to live here where it's quiet and quaint!

Tiffany said...

Oh Sandra I love you. I am actually going to print some of these sayings out to show my overly optimistic husband that sometimes I am not the only one that thinks like me.

We must find time for a longer discussion when it isn't 10:20pm at night.

Hang in there. It might get better...

Krissy Noel said...

I love these sayings because a lot of them ring true! I had a good laugh. Don't we live in such a beautiful quaint town? It has so much character. I love running down State Street with all those beautiful trees. Each season makes it beautiful in its own way.

DrFlynnDMD said...

That's hilarious!

You are so talented, wish I was on that walk with you--I could use some good therapy!

Juliann said...

Sandra, your photography completely inspires me. I actually used the picture of the front porch as an inspiration for a piece I wrote for one of my classes. So. Amazing. You truly have a gift.

Life's New Adventures at home said...

I have to admit I wasn't going to read the de-motivational thoughts because I wanted to view your photos and besides who wants negative thoughts. BUT- after reading everyone's comments I just had to go back and read them and not only did I read them and laughed but I wrote them down so that I could have another laugh another day. Laughter such good medicine. Thanks and loved the photos too. Someday I'd like to live in Farmington where some of my grandparents and great grandparents lived and other ancestors are buried.