Thursday, February 2, 2012

Peeping Mom

Found this letter on Madison's bed

It reminded me of how things started--just a brother and a sister
This is the picture he was using as his inspiration

Christian's latest drawing-Edward Cullen.  He told me he drew
it because he knew I had a crush on Edward.  Yes, yes I do.
I found a scrap piece of paper that Madison had written on.   This is what it said--

MADISON…

Happy
Fun
Spunky
Funny
Fun
Hilarious
Awesome
Rocks!
Magnificent
Marvelous
Valiant
Hyper
Fantastic
Good
Super
WOW!
Glad to be ME

If only we could all feel this way about ourselves!  I LOVE this about her.

I HAD to sneak a peek at Elisabeth's journal.  It's still okay to do that because she's 7, right?  This is what it said:  "I love tigers and dogs because they are like me.  I am glad I am me.  I love my family and my home."  ahhhh!  Good to know, elisabeth!

Over hearing a conversation between Ashton and one of his siblings:  "Why have you been such a good boy lately, Ashton?"  "Because when I was born, my brain was loaded to be frustrated, and I re-loaded my brain yesterday to be happy.  So now I'm happy!  Everyday."  Hope this is truly the case Ash-bear!

Going through Robert's old pictures I ran across one of my favorites:
Always handsome
And this one reminded me of that smile I have always loved so much:

6 comments:

Julie said...

What a blessiand that your kids are so happy and full of love. Your mothering skills are so evident in the way they perceive themselves and treat others. Robert had a winning smile even as a baby. Love Christian's art. Such talent!

Tiffany said...

Oh man! How wonderful--to have your children love being "them", and to love being a part of their family and home is indeed a blessing. Reflects well on you as a mother.

Strong Family said...

Seriously! Your kids are amazing. I have never heard of a teenage boy saying those things to his sister. So sweet! Shows what amazing parents you are.

DrFlynnDMD said...

Christian is amazing--that art work is unbelievable! What human has is all, apparently Christian!
I would love to spend a day in Madison's mind-what an adventure that would be!
It's good to see Ashbear's development that he can CHOOSE to be happy-finally!!!!!
I love Elisabeth's love for animals, I'm glad to hear she likes us too-I'm not always sure?
This smile is just for you!

Carolyn Flynn said...

Fabulous that your kids have such positive thoughts about themselves and each other. Makes life soooo much easier when we love ourselves.

Krissy Noel said...

Robert was the cutest little boy I've ever seen!!! I like that your kids have been taught to be affectionate and verbalize it. I think a lot of times we all too often just assume that our family knows we love them and we don't tell them near enough all the things we admire about them. p.s. Boy, I wish I had Madison's self esteem nowadays!