Wednesday, November 3, 2010

I Am Thankful

Today I am incredibly thankful that I have the blessing of being a stay at home mom.  In this rough economy which has affected everyone, I acknowledge the fact that I am a rarity; although things have been tighter for us, we do not need two incomes to provide for our family.  Today, I got to get my munchkins ready for school, go to Madison's field trip downtown, clean the house, take Ashton out to lunch, and then do an activity with Hunter for cub scouts.  Then I had the time and money to prepare a homemade dinner of chili and bread.  So many times I have done all of these things begrudgingly, but today I am grateful and conscious of the fact that I do not have to miss any of the moments that I most surely would if I was working full time.  It's the little things my children do that always catch me off guard that I love; the new funny phrase Ashton comes up with, the excitement with which Madison announced she won in her category for the Reflections contest, reading with Elisabeth as she concentrates so hard to pronounce each word, and I will never tire of spending a beautiful fall day at a park watching Ashton play.  I could go on and on.  There is no place I would rather be than home, and no other name I would rather be called than "Mama."
Me and my Tiger Dog
I'm glad I don't have to miss Hunter always pretending to be a Transformer
Miss Madison was Hannah Montana for Halloween
I got to be there for Madison's fashion show with Jazzy
Ashton wanted to be a Transformer just like big brother Hunter

For Halloween, Christian was Edward the vampire from the Twilight movie

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Hmmm-if you read my post today, you'll know reading yours was exactly what I needed to hear right now. Thank you--I too am glad to stay home, though sometimes it is a sacrifice financially, there is no place I'd rather be either. Thanks for the reminder!

Krissy Noel said...

Hope and pray that I'll be able to do the same....but lets face it, I'll never be in the same boat financially unless I hit the jackpot! You are very lucky you have that option. I am thankful for what I do have though.

Julie said...

Yes, you are very blessed to be able to fully participate with your children. So many cannot.

Juliann said...

Sandy, I feel the same way. I seriously thank God every day of my life that it has worked out that way, so far.