Saturday, November 27, 2010

Farewell to Fall

I must say that I am sad to see fall fade away into winter.  I found these fall poems that I liked:


Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns.
George Eliot

Autumn is a second spring where every leaf is a flower.
Albert Camus

Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.
John Muir

No Spring nor Summer Beauty hath such grace
As I have seen in one Autumnal face.
John Donne
Elegy IX--The Autumnal.




What an incredible Thanksgiving weekend!  So many adventures.  Sleepovers for the kids at both grandparents' houses, an annual trip to Salt Lake with Papa to see Santa and a movie, eating out, sledding, ice skating, playing with cousins on both sides of the family, incredible food, lots of laughing, fires in the fireplace, and good conversation.  How I love my family!!


Precious brothers

My sister's son Britton came to visit.  Boy did they have fun!
Maddie wanted to take a picture of me.
Hold on tight!!
Thanksgiving at our house.  Lots of people and lots of fun!


Stephen and Zack deep-frying the turkey
Dear Mom and Krissy


Britton and Hunter



Krissy and her twin, and of course Jazzy

Dad and baby Channing

Tigerdog


Me and Krissy

My sweet Christian

little man


Stephen's adorable baby "Pippy"










3 comments:

Krissy Noel said...

what a great Thanksgiving we had this year! One of the best. I've had a lot of fun with you over the past week hanging out! I love all your pictures, especially the one with little pip and her Buddha belly.

Julie said...

I, too, am sad to see the fall go. I love the four seasons andthe fact that we can always look forward to the next season. All your pictures capured the fun that we all had...thank you!

World Barrios said...

Sandy,

I love your new blog design! So good to see you at Thanksgiving. Thanks for coming over before you hosted your family. It looks like you had a blast. See you again soon!

Love,

Carolyn