Monday, May 30, 2011

Treading Water

Have you ever had one of those weeks where it's so busy that you feel like you're desperately treading water and in spite of your best efforts, you keep ending up with your head under water?  Well, that was this week for me.  I know when I'm in over my head when I get into the car and have to ask myself, "OK.  Why did I get in the car and where was I planning on going?" My mind just gets jumbled and I start forgetting things.  The fortunate thing was that the week was filled with mostly all good activities.
Ashton posing on our walk to preschool
graduation--which he refused to participate
in.  So we left.  Oh well.

Hunter's 4th grade performance


E. and her masterpiece story "Scary Paw"








Elisabeth and Grandma Flynn at her Kindergarten
Spring performance



Ashton and I took a long walk with the dog.  He played in this field
while I took pictures.  Very enjoyable.









Love this smile



































Little Miss Attitude
The kids had been looking forward to going to Crystal Hot Springs to camp for weeks.  I should have taken it as a bad omen not to go when Robert violently threw up right before we left.  He thought it was bad food...but it was the flu.





















After swimming in the hot spring pools, we warmed up
by the fire.  Then, it started to rain for 10 hours straight.
AND...wait for it...I threw up all night.
Robert feeling deathly ill.  Probably only the second or third
time our entire marriage I have seen him this sick.

Jazzy enjoyed herself though.







Ashton declaring another burnt hot dog
as DONE!


After a rough night of rain, wind, and barfing,
this is the view that we woke up to--Ashton tinkling.
At least when we got home, THIS is the picture that greeted me.  This is our
new family picture and I LOVE IT!!

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Sorry, but I'm laughing out loud! You are awesome Sandra. Your life is real and that is why I love you!!

Julie said...

You are such a good sport for going to Crystal Hot Springs in the snow with a husband that is barfing. Oh, you poor thing. I love your new family picture. Maddie is the one who has grown up so much. She is so cute!! Loved that picture with Ashton tinkling right outside the tent so everyone could step in it. All of them...precious!

MJ Kitzmiller said...

Sandy, I don't know what to say except I'm sorry. I hope the vomits hare not passing through your entire family now. WHY or WHY would it have to hit when you are camping for the first time.....in the rain and cold.....with all five kids. I'll never understand. The picture of Ashton was priceless.

Life's New Adventures at home said...

Wonderful family picture.
I think we must all have a campout that is beyond imaginable to appreciate the ordinary ones. Your family is now ready to handle any emergency and evacation as needed. You can do it!