Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Things I Could Live Without, But Don't Want To

There are many worldly things that I have become quite fond of.  I realize I could live without them, but they sure do make my life more enjoyable.  What are some of your favorite things that make your life just a little bit better?


Water in all it's many forms.  Nothing is more soothing to
me than the sound of water in nature.  This picture was
taken on a hike we took in New York.
My body pillow.  I started sleeping with one when I
was pregnant with my first and now I can't sleep
without it.  Robert refers to it as my "second husband".
My camera.  Besides exercise and being outdoors, nothing
is quite as therapeutic for me.















Our Park City condo--so many fun family memories

Exercise.  
Me, my Dad and Krissy before a bike race.  Exercise
has been a part of my life as long as I can remember.

Traveling.  I haven't done all that much of it, but I plan
on doing much more of it.  This is us in the Virgin Islands.
Massages.  This was taken in Park City on our
anniversary right before our couples massage.
Time alone.  I need it like I need water.  Especially time
alone in nature.

Rainbows--this one was at Niagara Falls


BOOKS.  I am a voracious reader.  This book
is one that I read recently and loved.

MAC products.  No one can match their quality
and user-friendliness

Our theater room (this was taken before it was finished).
Robert and I both LOVE movies and we have enjoyed
unwinding after a long day many times in here.

Makeup.  I love everything about it;  buying it,
how it smells, how it transforms, the colors







Naps.  The kind where you sleep so deep, you wake up and don't know where
you are or what time of day it is.  This is Elisabeth as a newborn.

Date nights--Robert and I go out at least once per week.  There
is no one I'd rather spend time with.

Eating out.  This picture is one of my fondest memories--our
trip with Krissy and Zack to Kauai.





3 comments:

Krissy Noel said...

I love so many of the things you love. I don't think I've ever seen that first picture from your NY trip and it is GORGEOUS. I love makeup, eating out, date nights, but I don't enjoy reading. I don't know why, but I can never get into a book and give up after reading half the book!

Alison Woods said...

I love everything on your list! I really love swimming too . . . I can exercise and meditate and be alone all at the same time. I really LOVE eating out and massages too! I WISH I had a theater in my home . . . maybe someday.

Julie said...

I love sitting in my lazy boy chair and watching fox news. I love shopping leisurely and finding a beautifuL outfit on sale. I love coming to the end of the b of m and the way it makes me feel. I love looking at the deer munching on the bushes in my backyard. I love sitting around the dining room table with all our kids and enjoying a luscious meal. I love reading a good mystery or seeing a show with really good acting-not just special effects. I love getting my hair done. I love listening to Liszt, Chopin, Tabernacle Choir, Schumann, Beethoven, Michael Jackson, Beatles, - full blast. I love going out to dinner- Mexican, Chinese, or Italian with my favorite person in the world- Steve.