Friday, April 27, 2012

"Old-School" Photography and an Advertisement

Sometimes I miss "old-school" photography which is how I learned to love photography; with regular film, using a camera with only manual features and developed painstakingly by myself in a dark room.  It took a TON of time and patience, but when it was done, it was a true piece of original artwork.  I took some pictures of Ashton recently and decided to make them "old-school" black and white.  There's something simple and beautiful about what only a black and white photo can capture.














Robert just put together an advertisement postcard for his dental practice which will go out to 5000 homes in our area.  This picture of Christian is the one we chose for the front of the card.  How I love this beautiful beautiful boy.  So thoughtful, brilliant, talented, kind, and so very HAPPY.  I know I am extremely biased, but I think most people that know him would agree with me.  He will be turning 16 on May 9.  Oh wow.  I keep wanting to do something momentous for this milestone in his life, but all he says he wants is SOCKS, and maybe some Sunday shoes.  Which is so representative of his personality; unassuming and thankful for all that he already has.  We will probably go stay in Heber for a night and have some family fun.  Hunter and Christian's birthdays are only 2 days apart, so it will be a weekend of celebration!  What could be better?!


3 comments:

Alison Woods said...

Oh wow! What darling boys! I remember coming to visit you in your Wymount apartment soon after you had Christian! Has it been 16 years? Yikes! Happy birthday to him!

DrFlynnDMD said...

You are an amazing photographer and blessed mother of beautiful and amazing children. What more can I say - your amazing!

Krissy Noel said...

Your photography is getting better and better and it has been so fun to watch you use and explore your artistic creativity over the years. What a true talent, but it's only one of many that I think you have!