Sunday, April 8, 2012

In the land of milk and honey and other adventures

This weekend, Robert had his 20 year BYU Israel reunion in Provo and so we decided to bring the kids along and explore the BYU campus.  Robert and I have so many memories there together and Christian was born there so we had a lot of fun showing the kids where all of those things took place.  We've stayed there several times, but they always seem to love to hear the same stories again.  One of the things about the reunion I found the most touching was that several of Robert's friends from Israel, who I had never met, remembered me from the pictures Robert had displayed of me during his stay there.  Ahhhhh!  So sweet!  We also saw the temple sealer (who went to Israel with Robert) and his wife who married us, who were celebrating their 70th wedding anniversary!!  Wow!






Love those BYU mountains!


Seeing what it was like to sit in an auditorium for class

Picking out a souvenir


You found it, Ash!
Easter Sunday pictures
Madison, thrilled to have her picture taken




Me and my favorite person
Sisters…whether they like it or not
Before we left, my sister Kristen said, "Have fun in the land of milk and honey!"  I don't know why she refers to Provo as this, but I liked it and named my post after it.  Maybe she'll tell me why after she reads this.  :)



3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Your family are all so beautiful!! Really!!
Oh, and if I'd have had your phone number today, I would have text you to tell you that I may be getting your (and Karlyn's)Sunday attitude.

It was only because it was Easter Sunday that I didn't get in my car and drive away for the day!!

Uugh-roll on Monday.

DrFlynnDMD said...

There is a sweet spirit on that campus. Oh how I'd love to go back and learn! So many memories. Look forward (hopefully) to relive that again through our kids. Who knows maybe I can retire early and the two of us go back to school together.

Krissy Noel said...

Oh man, those pictures bring back so many memories of lugging my thirty pound backpack along all those sidewalks! I know exactly where each picture was taken! Me and my roommate Megan would cackle our heads off walking to class each morning, of course talking about something inappropriate. Love all your Easter pictures, that pic of you and Robert should be framed.

I refer to Utah County as the Land of Milk and Honey because it is a term used in the scriptures for a promised land and I was just saying that Provo is a land full of righteous saints, is it not?? See definition below from dictionary.com:

land of milk and honey

noun
1.a land of unusual fertility and abundance. (this definition was my personal favorite)
2.the blessings of heaven.
3.the Promised Land.