Friday, April 20, 2012

Go Madi, Go!

I find a lot of joy when my children have an interest or talent that does not come from me; I find that their individual differences fascinate me.  Sometimes though, there is an interest that they have in common with me and I like that as well.  Yesterday I attended Madison's first track meet.  Christian is also a runner.  Both, I am sure, have largely surpassed me at their ages.  Madison's track meet was at Davis High, one of the schools I used to run track meets at, and it felt like a major time warp, for sure.  Attending my children's various activities are one of my very favorite things about being a mom.  I love that my only job in that moment is to sit there and be proud.  And boy was I proud of Madison!

Madison and some friends.  How I love 13 year olds with their braces, sweetness, and innocence.

Running the 800 meter.  She's smiling for some reason.


She can't get away from my camera.  Even during the 200 meter dash.

Robert and Ashton came.  It was 3 ½ hours so they had a lot of time to play.

Chase me, Daddy!  Chase me!


Ashton "posing" for a picture


Me, in all my teenage glory, at age 15 at a track meet.  Don't judge me. 




4 comments:

Krissy Noel said...

I am jealous that Maddie is running track, makes me wish that I had at her age. She is so cute with all her gf's and the picture of Ash with his head between his legs shows his big personality. I love that picture of you running track and I can def. see your face in Maddie's.

Tiffany said...

I never knew you did track! And that picture is so how I remember you!!

I went to my first track meet on Thursday to watch Megan. Maybe we'll see each other at one of them in the next couple of weeks.

DrFlynnDMD said...

I tried to run track but a 13 min mile just didn't earn me any awards, so I did the shotput. Of course I could never win there either because there is always the one boy who looks like he was held back three years, could actually grow facial hair and was a foot taller and 50 lbs heavier than everyone else who always took first place.

Life's New Adventures at home said...

Love It! I love the involvement of you and Robert with your children. I love your willingness to let them spread their wings and fly. I love the freedom you've given them because you taught them first how to fly.