Monday, August 8, 2011

Soundbites and pictures

*We watched the movie "Soul Surfer" together as a family which is an inspiring true story of a girl who loved to surf and then had her arm tragically bitten off by a shark.  She comes back to win a national title in spite of her missing arm and at the end she says she wouldn't trade having her arm back for the experiences she learned.  This is the pinnacle of the movie where most people would be tearing up, but Hunter pipes up, "I wouldn't want the experience!  I would just want my arm back!  Why would you want a stub?!"  Lesson NOT learned.

*Doing the ULCER bike race with my Dad and sister Kristen.  It was a gorgeous day and I greatly enjoyed their company.  Upon passing a field with horses and a lone donkey, Kristen uses the opportunity to say, "That is a HUGE ass!"  To which I added, "A HUGE, STINKY ass!"  Hahaha!  My poor Dad yells, "I can hear you two!"  In our defense, it truly was a huge ass, in the biblical non-cussing sense of course.
Me before the race


*I told Ashton to go put on his sandals before going swimming to which he replied, "I'm just going to wear my toes today Mama."  Sooo cute!

*Madison and Christian returned home from a 6 day trip with their Grandma and Grandpa Flynn to Washington DC.  I was proud that they worked really hard to earn half the money needed to go on this trip! They were able to visit some Flynn cousins there, see many famous sites, and go to Six Flags.  I really did miss them and was so happy to have them return!
Washington Monument

Names of those who died during the Holocaust
(Holocaust Museum)

The US Capitol


Lincoln Memorial

The White House


Christian took this of the White House.  Isn't it beautiful?

Washington Monument

*I asked Elisabeth a question and she replied, "Yes, my love."  Where did she get that?!  Adorable.

*This summer Elisabeth and Ashton have really become close.  They have played (and fought) all day together.  Ashton has really matured over the last several months and has learned how to play well with others and that actions have consequences.  These pictures were taken before church on Sunday.




This week, Robert, Christian, and Hunter are at Scout Camp.  The house seems empty and I miss them.  Worst of all, there is no cell reception where they are so I can't talk to any of them for a whole week!

6 comments:

Krissy Noel said...

HAHAH It was a big ass, that's for sure. Haven't seen an ass like that in quite a while.

I loved Ashton's comment about just wearing "his toes" today. How cute is that?!?!?!

I LOVE that picture of E and Ash. E's hair is getting so long again!

Tiffany said...

Mike and Megan went to see Soul Surfer on a little date a couple of months back. Mike got motion sickness and had to walk out of the theater and go lay in the car!!!!!!! Needless to say, Megan is anxious to rent it so he can give it another shot at home!

Great tidbits of your life--it's really what it is all about isn't it?

Julie said...

I love those pictures of Elisabeth and Ashton. What sweet sibs! What an amazing summer younall have had.

Leah Kitzmiller said...

I can just HEAR your dad saying "I can hear you two" hahaha. oh I love it. Love this post!

Life's New Adventures at home said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Life's New Adventures at home said...

Thanks for sharing Christian and Madison with us. I'm impressed that they work to earn their trips. What wonderful lessons they are learning in self sufficiency, independence, integrity, and work. They are building strong, positive characters, true warriors in God's army. Just like their parents.