Monday, December 13, 2010

A Charles Dickens Weekend

Our weekend in Park City was the best of times . . . and the worst of times.

It was the best of times when we were the only ones at the heated outdoor pool and we all played "Corners" and "Marco-Polo" together.  Everyone was happy and it felt like we were the only ones in our own little world.

It was the worst of times when Robert ran into the store to get a few things and left me in the car for 45 minutes while the 2 youngest clawed and pelted each other, screaming at the top of their lungs.  I finally yelled out, "You're driving me INSANE!" as a passerby gave me a judgmental look of disgust.  When Robert emerged from his leisurely shopping trip, he said HE COULDN'T FIND WHAT HE WAS LOOKING FOR, so we had to go to another store.  This time, I gave him a 2 minute time limit.

Here are some pictures I was able to take:

Downtown Park City
Found this house on our Sunday drive
So quaint...
There is so much beauty in simplicity

The kids loved this dog who had made himself a snow throne


I never tire of walking Main St.

A purple house?  Why not?

A teal house with a pink door?  Why not?

A snow blanket
A spectacular day
"Squatters"  -- Our favorite place for breakfast

Playing in a very warm pool

The Canyons





The kids had fun running from the pool to laying in the snow



Little Ashbear loved the hot tub



Little bird tracks

I love shadows on the snow










5 comments:

Visit Park City said...

We hope for the most part you all had a good time. The pictures are wonderful!! Please share them and your experiences when you become a fan of Park City on Facebook, www.facebook.com/parkcityUT.

Visit Park City said...

We hope for the most part you all had a good time. The pictures are wonderful!! Please share them and your experiences when you become a fan of Park City on Facebook, www.facebook.com/parkcityUT.

Julie said...

I doubt Charles Dickens had as much fun as the Flynns did! We really need to come over and pick out a couple of your pictures to hang on our bare walls. Art transforms us from the
tedious and mundane to the magnificance of God's creations.

Jen said...

Ahhhhh! PC! I love it! Love how you capture the rustic and charming beauty of it all! I think we're long overdue for an escape to PC....perhaps over the holidays!

Krissy Noel said...

Beautiful Sandy! Now I want to paint my house bright purple!! Think the world would be a happier place if all our houses were painted all the colors of the rainbow???