Monday, September 6, 2010

Hurray For Grandparents!!

My kids have amazing grandparents.  What I love about my parents is that they really concentrate on one-on-one time with each grandchild.  My Dad takes turns taking each of my kids out on dates throughout the year.  This week was Elisabeth's turn.  She got to pick the restaurant to go to which was "Wingers" because she loves their popcorn and macaroni and cheese.  She even got flowers from "Papa."  My Dad also takes all the grandkids to see Santa and to a movie over Christmas break and holds an annual "Camp Papa".  Every week for as long as I have lived here, I get together with my Mom once a week with one or more of my kids.  She smothers them with attention and they always leave feeling like the most important person in the world.  She is always concerned about what each one of them are up to and what their needs are.


Robert's parents are amazing because they know how to have such fun parties and get togethers with the kids.  Just last night, they had a grandkids sleepover with about 12 of their grandchildren!  They have endless amounts of energy and creativity.  The kids love to play board games with them, watch movies, eat treats, and play night games in their backyard.  They are very laid back and don't mind the grandkids making messes and being loud.  It was sooooo enjoyable to wake up this morning to no children and take a long hike with Robert before going to pick up the kids.  Even Ashton slept over for his first time!  I missed him the whole time, but of course he did just fine without me.


I am so thankful for their involvement in my children's lives; they really have made such a difference in their lives as well as mine.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Memories of doing things with the grandchildren are priceless and I hope there are many years to come to nuture these relationships

Tiffany said...

Makes me know what kind of grandparent I want to be one day. Great post! Your parents are great.

Linda said...

I'm glad that our grandchildren are close by so that we can enjoy them and share in their love. They grow up so fast and the memories with grandparents, cousins, and siblings will last a life time. Thanks for letting us be involved. We love attending their programs, their "grandparents" days at school, their birthdays, and other special events like giving talks at Church, Baptisms, Priesthood ordinations, etc. We love being a part of their lives.