Wednesday, September 8, 2010

1st Day

I know everyone posts pictures of their kids' first day of school, and I have tried to refrain since the only person besides me that will enjoy the pictures is my Mom, but I just can't help myself.  A couple of things I want to point out:  Elisabeth's "Olive Oyl" legs, Ashton's one brown "glub" (glove) that he wears all day, every day,  Christian has since gotten his fro cut (thank goodness), the one of Ashton running away is because he didn't want me taking pictures, and Madison is looking very "pre-teen" don't you think?  YIKES!!
Ashton's first day of preschool was very typical to his personality.  He was incredibly excited, but this exhibited itself in meanness and moodiness to me.  If I even tried to talk to him in an excited manner, he would scream, "Quiet!" at me.  Today when I went to dropped him off, I of course wanted to walk him in and give him a hug, but he told me, "Stop!  You stay here, Mama,"  which was in the car.  Oh well.  It's all very endearing and after preschool, we went to Wendy's together and he was nice to me again.  I must say that there were a plethora of emotions as I went home to a completely empty house; sadness, relief, very surreal, it made me feel a little old, very free, but I missed the constant chatter and I had the sense of "now what?"  It was all very emotionally confusing, but they are all very happy at their respective schools.

5 comments:

Krissy Noel said...

Wow, they all are growing up so fast. All of them are beautiful. Maddie's picture is so pretty. I love her style. The way Ashton acts sounds like the way I act now hahaha. I actually did the same thing to dad when I went to Kindergarten. Dad had planned to take the entire day off and take me to school, but for some reason I was extremely upset with this idea and refused to even have him drive me there. I was really mean and in a very bad mood that day. I didn't like all the attention and high pitched voices and excitement in my behalf apparently....

Julie said...

All the pictures are beautiful. Madison is changing into an adolescentand is so PRETTY. I love her clothes and she reminds me of you (her face) and Kristen (her clothes). Prescious!

Juliann said...

Sandy, I went through the same feelings that you did on the first day of school. In fact, I seriously had to take a Xanax after walking the kids to school because I was crying so hard. :( The pictures of all your kids are truly spectacular. Um, if you ever want to get together during school hours...I am finding myself with lots of time on my hands. :)

Linda said...

I love seeing all of your pictures too. Your pictures highlight more than the moment they capture their personalities too. Thank-you for sharing them with all of us.

Anonymous said...

I seldom leave comments on blog, but I have been to this post which was recommended by my friend, lots of valuable details, thanks again.