Sunday, January 31, 2010

Orange Belt, Basketball, the Klondike, and Ashbear





















This weekend was a fun one. Friday, we went out to dinner with some friends and then to a very exciting and close Jazz game, which we won! Saturday, Hunter had his orange belt ceremony for Tae kwon do. It was so neat to see him break the wood with his foot and see all of the other things he has learned. Madison played a stellar basketball game in which she scored against a really hard team. Go Madison! That night, we went out to sushi with Krissy and Zack and then came back and watched "G.I. Joe" in our theater room. We always have so much fun going out with them because Krissy and I share the same demented, but hilarious sense of humor.
Last weekend, Robert (scoutmaster) did the Klondike campout with Christian. I included a few pictures of that as well.
This week, I am going to do something that I never thought I would EVER do. I must admit I feel a lot of guilt about doing this, BUT . . . we are going to the Virgin Islands for 5 days with friends. Seriously, this is something I never thought I would do in my lifetime and I wish so much that I could take some very deserving people in my family with me! If I could, I would stuff you all in my suitcase and bring you along! Robert's parents who are recently home from their mission to Australia are kind enough (or brave enough) to be babysitting for us.
Life's been busy!

4 comments:

Alison Woods said...

Oh, you're so lucky! I've always wanted to go to the Virgin Islands! I can't wait to hear all about it! Have fun!

Tiffany said...

What talented kids you have. I'm sorry Robert is the Scoutmaster...so is my husband... Have so much fun on vacation. You deserve a break. Lose the guilt and enjoy yourself.

(PS-I'll contact you in late Spring for some photos.)

Julie said...

Beautiful pictures of the kids...what a life they all have. Enjoy the Virgin Islands and sleep in!

Krissy Noel said...

We had so much fun with you!! I loved being in your theater room! It was ten times better than going out to a movie! Have lots of fun on your vacation. Hope the weather is fabulous for you so you can soak up the sun!!!