Monday, February 8, 2010

Observations From My Trip

*No one, and I mean NO ONE looks good in a speedo.

*People in the Virgin Islands drive on the left side of the road which is very scary if you're used to the right side of the road.

*Eating one bite of eight candy bars adds up to at least one whole candy bar, even if I tell myself I only took one bite.

*I am a peaceful, pleasant, happy person when I'm by myself.

*Peoples' bodies in general are disgusting. I saw one person in 5 days that looked really good in a swimsuit (and it wasn't me).

*Although the Virgin Islands are beautiful, Kauai is the most exquisite of all the islands I have seen.

*The process of getting ready to go on a trip is so stressful, it's almost not worth it. (writing out a schedule for the babysitter, cleaning the house, making the meals, etc.)

*Even the most menial task is enjoyable when you don't have screaming or fighting kids in the back seat.

*I sat in 1st class for the first time (only because we used our friends' sky miles) and I did indeed feel better than everyone else sitting in coach.

*I will never understand why it is necessary for the ear-piercing "dings" on the airplane. With all of our amazing technology, can't they come up with something more pleasant sounding and less painful? And who cares what altitude you're flying at at 1am??

*Why is it that whenever I have to use the airplane bathroom, the person before me takes 20 minutes to emerge, and when they do, is so disgustingly hideous looking that I must refuse my turn and go stand in yet another line?

*I love to see other cultures and I have a fascination with old buildings.

*I could "people watch" for hours and be completely entertained.

*Hot, humid weather is fun to visit but I could NEVER live somewhere that was like this year round.

*Although I love the sound of the real ocean, I had to shut my doors and windows at night and turn on my sound machine (which is also the sound of the ocean) to block out the sounds of the real ocean. I know--confusing and strange.

*I learned that going through the airport body scan is apparently optional, and since I have an aversion to authority and love bucking the system, I plan on never going through another one again.

*There really is no place like home.

*My kids love when we leave town and do just fine without us although I missed them before our plane took off from Salt Lake.

*No one is more fun or enjoyable to be with than Robert.

**Pictures soon to follow. Stay tuned . . .


3 comments:

Krissy Noel said...

I loved your list. I was laughing hysterically! I bet Jazzy missed you too!!! Good girl, good girl! Can't wait to see pictures. I'm glad you were able to fly first class....and if I flew first class, I would feel more important too! hehe

Julie said...

Just as you were settling in for a peaceful night's flight- there goes the ding, ding, ding ding. Then you had to go the bathroom and wait for 20 minutes for a stinky bathroom. I can imagine some of those speedos- let me guess- the men wearing them were bald and had huge stomaches. Why don't their wives tell them to cool it? Glad you had a good rest and I can't wait to see the pictures.

Julie said...

Just as you were settling in for a peaceful night's flight- there goes the ding, ding, ding ding. Then you had to go the bathroom and wait for 20 minutes for a stinky bathroom. I can imagine some of those speedos- let me guess- the men wearing them were bald and had huge stomaches. Why don't their wives tell them to cool it? Glad you had a good rest and I can't wait to see the pictures.