Sunday, September 23, 2012

Weekend Wrap Up

What a weekend.  Saturday morning, we supported my sister Kristen at her first full marathon run.  We were there to cheer her on along the race course and Christian was there as a pacer for the last 4 miles of her race and to help encourage her.  I can't tell you how proud I was of her--and what a major life accomplishment!  Then, I left to go do my certification training as a Rape Crisis Counselor at the domestic violence shelter where I now work.  I recently got a volunteer position 2 days a week working at Safe Harbor Crisis Center and as part of my training, I get to certify as a rape crisis advocate where I am on call during the night for anyone who is raped and needs an advocate with them during their exam and police interviews.  And let me just say that I LOVE IT.  I think I am already seeing that I have a particular interest in women's issues so that might be where I put my emphasis when I graduate.  After the training, I went straight to Christian's friend's house where I took pictures of his group of friends for the Homecoming Dance.  He was so very handsome and it was so fun to see him off to his first dance.  After that, Robert and I took Hunter on a dinner date to thank him for babysitting the younger 2 kids all morning while we were at Kristen's race.  Sunday we decided to go see the Fall colors up at Snowbasin ski resort.  The colors were at their prime.

I love that Christian and Kristen have sort of grown up together.


Someone asked me if he was a Cullen (Twilight character)!

Christian and his date, Alyssa


Christian's dance group.  All such nice kids and regulars at our house.

Rules are made to be broken, right?!


Fall.  My favorite season.





Jazzy was tuckered out from our hike and insisted on being held.

A rare moment of truce for these two.



Last weekend we did a race called The Color Run.  Basically everyone wears white and they pelt you with chalk while you are running.  Afterwards, there is a really fun dance party where the chalk fest continues.  

Nickelodeon was there filming and Madison was determined that this would get her on camera.  And it did!

Us in our whites before the race.

Mads and some of her friends.

Christian and Robert

Chalk fest!

Christian and some of his friends.


5 comments:

Tiffany said...

Your son is so handsome! But these photos show is personality too--lifting up his sister, helping his aunt run, etc. What a boy he must be.

I love your fall leaves photos and I LOVE that my children aren't the only ones that break rules.

Jennefer said...

You don't waste any time getting involved in the community. When I lived in Chicago my friend had the same/similar job as you - she was on call for any women who experienced domestic violence. She also enjoyed that. She felt she was making a difference. Brought some drama into her life as well. I think you are perfect for that job.

That is interesting that it looks like Fall in Utah because it is still green here. I will be sad if we move to a state that doesn't have the four seasons.

Your family has so much fun together. I also like the photos of Christian's homecoming dance. It is nice that he has a good group of friends. Your kids will have great memories.

Krissy Noel said...

Dude, Christian is TOTALLY a Cullen! He's like the dreamy mysterious genius that all the high school girls swoon over and wonder what his story is. haha! And his eyes twinkle like Edwards too. :) Your whole family was so awesome to support me, Robert for coming with Christian, the flowers, the poster, the hot dog, Maddie for babysitting, you for cheering me on. I seriously am very grateful to have you in my life! Those leaves are GORGEOUS in your pictures. I can't wait to do family runs like you did. That looks like it was so much fun.

DrFlynnDMD said...

It is so strange to see Christian dating and going to school dances, it wasn't so long ago that was you and me at prom!

So proud of Kristen- 26.26 miles is freaking far!!

I love fall and hiking in the mountains and seeing the colors and breathing the fresh cool air.

And most of all I am so proud and excited for you to be finally beginning your dream of going back to school and getting involved in the community--you will be so awesome at it. I love basking in your glory!!!!

Life's New Adventures at home said...

Color that's what I see - in the mountains, in the race, in the formal dance, in the essence of life. Color, variety, happiness. Isn't it wonderful and thanks for capturing it not only for your family but for all of us to enjoy! Love you all!