Monday, July 16, 2012

Busy July

July has been so fun-packed, I am very much enjoying the lazy days we have planned for the rest of the month!  Madison and Hunter had 3 weeks of Theater Camp at the University of Utah which culminated in a play at Kingsbury Hall.  They were so so good and we were very proud of them!

Hunter, the King

Madison, the Queen
Madison giving orders
After the play, in front of Kingsbury Hall
Craft day at our house.  Notice Ashton and his Phantom of the Opera mask.  He wears it every day, all day.
Madison's art project:  A magnetic calendar for her room.
Hunter making homemade lasagna all by himself!
Good Job, Hunts!
 Okay, I know I haven't said much about our family trip to Kauai.  This is partially because I don't want to bore people with the many details of our trip, but suffice it to say, it was an absolute dream come true (besides me spending half the trip getting over severe food poisoning) for Robert and I to take our kids there.  We only have 2 more years with Christian in our home and are trying to take every opportunity we have to make amazing memories, and while I realize you don't have to go to Kauai to do this, we did.  And we loved it.  I will refrain from posting a ton of pictures.


The incomparable Napali Coast line
Our hike to Queen's Bath
Napali Coast
All 5 kids playing in the waves.
Christian and Robert enjoyed being beaten by 12-15 foot waves at this beach!

On our hike to Secret Beach
Our kayaking trek to Secret Falls




Sea Lodge Beach, handsome Christian


Lots and lots of hiking.  I love the absolute glee I captured of Elisabeth in this picture.
Cutest buns ever.
Ashton, one cool dude.  He was quite the snorkeler!
Tunnels Beach
Queens Bath (I think Robert took this pic)

Queens Bath



Ashton was the best behaved he has ever been on a trip.  We bribed him with his own shave ice to be good on this hike.
Madison, boogy boarding



Another gorgeous hike


And that's me "refraining" from lots of pictures.


4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Good for you for taking a trip that was a dream come true for you. How very fun. When I read the part about only having 2 more years of Christian at home I couldn't believe we are really that old!? When I think about only 5 more years with my oldest, and feel much the same way...so many memories still to create.

We need to do lunch soon. Let's drag some or all of our children to a park and force them to interact.

Life's New Adventures at home said...

Yeah for posting some of your trip pictures and comments. You capture the moment. The expressions tell a story. Happy Memories. We never tire of your blog, there is always something joyful and interesting to read and see.

DrFlynnDMD said...

It is hard for me to believe the Garden of Eden has anything on Kauai--It is truly paradise! Especially being there with my family and true love.

Krissy Noel said...

Kauai is spectacular and you captured it perfectly. I love little E's buns. They are the cutest buns I've ever seen! hehe Love the pictures of Ash and his snorkel gear. I'm so glad you guys had a good time! Maybe next time we'll go together again???? :)