Tuesday, November 15, 2011

heaven.

**A post not to be taken too seriously.

I hope in heaven:

*I don't have white hair.

*I can wear something besides a formless white robe…with nothing on underneath.

*There are still ethnic groups.  How boring it would be if we were all to be white.  Some of the most beautiful people I know are of mixed race.

*There's rock music.  If I have to listen to only the Tabernacle Choir for all of eternity, I may demote myself in kingdoms to allow for some hip-shakin', booty rockin', strong bass music.

*That I will still be allowed to sometimes laugh at inappropriate things.

*I have a belly button.  The stomach would just look strange without one.

*Babies are made by lovingly touching thumbs.

*And that they are born through your ear, or just magically materialize.

*There are no private parts, or they are named something totally different than they are now.

*That there is still room for personality when everyone is "perfected".  Flaws are some of the things that make people interesting and endearing to me.

*That my dog is there.  And I guess at this point, I now realize I should have mentioned earlier that I want my family there too.  :)

*We can eat foods that aren't necessarily good for us.

*I don't have to "hearken" unto my husband, because we all know that ain't gonna happen…

*That there are still mountains.

*That there are colors that we have never seen before.

*That I can experience holding each of my children as babies again.

*That it rains.  And that there are rainbows.

*Heaven is indeed a joyful place in spite of the fact that we will have complete knowledge of all the suffering going on on the Earth.

*I can go back to being a child for a day, as well as Robert, and that we could play together as children.

*I can fly.

*My world is prettier than other people's worlds.  And my clothes.  And my children.  And myself.  Okay, I am showing my many many flaws.

*Certain people that I don't care for, don't make it.  Hahaha!  Okay--that's just mean.

*That sleep is still necessary.

*That I can meet Emma Smith, Eve, and of course Heavenly Mother.  Oh--and Oprah.  Here's hoping she repents for living with Steadman without being married for 27 years and accepts the gospel.

*I can have all my MANY questions and concerns answered.

*We can still have "family dinners" and celebrate holidays together.

*There's more to the hereafter than missionary work.  Blasphemous I know, but nonetheless true.

*I am there...

8 comments:

Tiffany said...

Love, LOVE, LOVE this Sandra!! I laughed out loud when you hoped your dog would be there before mentioning your family! I hope a lot of these things are true too.

Leah Kitzmiller said...

K, I think about this ALL the time.... and I have the exact concerns you do!!! :)

Strong Family said...

Loved this! Made me laugh -inbetween parents coming in and out of my room for SEP's - I look forward to reading your blog just to see what you are thinking about. I wish I thought about some of the things you do. Now I will! :)

-Randall.Ashley- said...

Hahaha! This is perfect. I totally agree on making babies by touching thumbs. Why was this not thought of earlier? I hope that I don't have to share my husband with someone else. . .

Julie said...

I loved this and laughed all the way through.

DrFlynnDMD said...

I vote you on the committee to plan heaven. I so look forward to eternity with you - so not the experience the church would make you think will have --thank goodness!

Linda said...

Joseph Smith said that the same sociality that exists here will be there in Heaven.(D&C 130:2) To me that means family gatherings and feasting, it means babies and get aways with your sweet heart. I think Heaven will be everything we want it to be, because if it isn't, it won't be Heaven. Glad you & your family will be part of my Heaven.

Jennefer said...

Don't worry - Jesus will be every ethnicity. I know this because I went to the DC Temple visitor center last night and viewed creches from all over the world and the Holy family changed ethnicities depending on which country the nativity scene was original made. There was even a Japanese Jesus.