Wednesday, February 20, 2013

What If

What If . . .

You were already enough just the way you are?

What if, no task, responsibility, duty, role, or job you ever could do would improve upon the worth you already had?

What if, you realized you are worthy of everything good,
simply because. . .

You were born.

Would any of these things make a difference in how you walk through life?  Of how you interact with people or view your place in the world?  Because these realizations have changed me forever.

WITHIN
By Carol Lynn Pearson

I read a map once
Saying the kingdom of God
Was within me.
But I never trusted
Such unlikely ground.

I went out.
I scoured schools
And libraries
And chapels and temples
And other people's eyes
And the skies and the rocks.
And I found treasures
From the kingdom's treasury
But not the kingdom.

Finally I came in quiet
For a rest
And turned on the light.

And there
Just like a surprise party
Was all the smiling royalty--
King, Queen, court.

People have been
Locked up for less, I know.
But I tell you
Something marvelous
Is bordered by this skin:

I am castle
And the kingdom of God
Is within.

Sometimes "coming in quiet" to yourself is the most important thing you can do.  And what you hear may astonish you.

You are already enough.

2 comments:

Jennefer said...

Love It!

DrFlynnDMD said...

Beautiful thoughts. We live in constant commotion and noise. It is hard to hear yourself think let alone mediate and ponder deeply. There is a lot of power in silence.

One of my favorite scriptures is an experience of the prophet Elijah who attempting to talk to the Lord, "And, behold, the Lord passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the Lord; but the Lord was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the Lord was not in the earthquake: And after the earthquake a fire; but the Lord was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice" (1 Kings 19:11-12). It is in this quiet solitude that we here our Heavenly parents call out to us and declare that we are inherently divine and royal by birthright.

We all can do for more quiet personal revelation. They are ready and waiting to come to us, they need only the opportunity.