Monday, February 18, 2013

Madison Turns 14

This weekend we celebrated Madison's 14th Birthday.  She chose to have a girls weekend in Salt Lake with Elisabeth and I.  We got our fingernails done, went to the Cheesecake Factory, went shopping at City Creek, stayed overnight at a hotel, and had the rest of the family come up for cake and ice cream and to go swimming.  One of my favorite things about Madison is her grateful heart.  The whole week before she couldn't sleep because she was so excited to go, and she kept telling me every day how much she loved me.  Then, the whole weekend, she kept saying "I can't believe how lucky I am!  This is the best day of my life!  Thank you, thank you!"  We had the best time together!  How I love this girl.




New shoes!
Dressing room fun
City Creek

At the hotel
 A new iphone!!!
Boy was she excited!


Swim fun


Madison, age 14



4 comments:

Alison Woods said...

What a beautiful girl! I love to see grateful teenagers.

Jennefer said...

You have sweet kids!

Krissy Noel said...

She is seriously the coolest niece! Glad you guys had so much fun. Doesn't get much better than shopping, eating, and hanging out with the girls!

DrFlynnDMD said...

What a wonderful idea for a girls night out! Thanks for letting us boys crash your party and swim and eat cake. Madison is the the sweetest 14 yr old ever!