Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I am . . .

Juliann tagged me so here are my answers to "I am . . ."

I am

I am:  intuitive, wise( I try)

I know:  what unconditional love feels like, what heaven on Earth can be like.

I want:  a Master's Degree in Social Work, to do humanitarian work abroad, and for my children to be joyful.

I have:  a strong body.

I dislike:  people that appear too happy and perfect, and people that think they've got it all figured out and are judgmental of others.

I miss:  being just me and Robert, newlyweds at BYU.

I feel:  frequently overwhelmed.

I hear: my baby crying.

I smell:  a fresh pooh patty. (from Ashton)

I crave:  time by myself and SILENCE, having great accomplishments outside and inside my home, being in nature.

I cry:  when I feel judged, misunderstood, or overwhelmed.

I search:  for truth (no matter the source), for harmony in my relationships, knowledge

I wonder:  why so many have to suffer, and why my children always seem to have "early-out" days, and "teacher prep" days, why Heavenly Mother is so taboo.

I regret:  that I don't have a greater capacity to do and accomplish.

I love: my Robert, my children, my parents and siblings, photography, my bed, my home, my freedom, my personal space.

I worry:  about my kids making poor choices, about what they will be exposed to, about getting in a hideous car accident, about getting cancer, going bald, suffering and dying and then Robert remarrying, about my children being harmed, about other people's problems, the list goes on and on and on . . .

I remember:  my awful high school years, not seeing Robert for 2 1/2 years, all the amazing memories we had before he left.

I dance:  to make my kids laugh.

I don't:  like hearing or touching after I have gone to sleep, I don't like confrontation, LDS authors that aren't apostles, I don't like ugly children, or male genitalia on animals.

I argue: the opposing viewpoint whenever possible, and for the underdog.

I write:  well.

I win:  only when Robert concedes because he feels sorry for me.

I lose:  at everything.

I wish:  I could handle having more children, that I could handle stress better, and that I looked more ethnic.

I listen:  to other people's feelings and thoughts and ponder and respect them (unless they're idiots).

I can usually be found:  running errands, doing homework with my kids, picking up other people's messes, being on the computer, exercising.

I am scared:  of the dark, dying young, small/crammed-with-people spaces, jumping at great heights, being controlled, deep/dark water, bad things happening to those around me.

I need:  time by myself, to have hobbies, to have friends, Robert, frequent naps

I forget:  only when I am really frazzled.

Now let's hear about you!!






5 comments:

Amy Evensen said...

That was great Sandy! I so can relate to so many things. You are such a great writer! Among many other things!!!

Rebecca or Britton Curtis said...

Oh Sandy that was hilarious! I can't tell you how many times I sat here smiling or laughing in the dark while Neal snoozes into oblivion. I can relate to so many things that you said--the same blood definitely courses through our veins! Too, too funny! As for the male genitilia on animals, what about on males PERIOD!? I mean, does the thing ever look pretty? Eeek! Seriously! Can you say "heebie-jeebie?" Okay, I'll stop before I get too carried away. Anyway, thanks again for the laugh--or as Stephen would say "so funny, so funny, so funny!" I do just love who you are.

Amos said...

Sandyland...you are the greatest!

Juliann said...

Okay, seriously!! I have ALWAYS been totally opposed to "LDS books" written by people other than Apostles! I had no idea there were others out there like me!! :) Oh, and I also HATE male genitalia on animals - like it seriously makes me bitter and resentful. I don't know...

Jennefer said...

I'm not sure why you couldn't post on my photo blog. Were you logged itn? Oh and by the way I love male genitalia on animals... oh and especially there bums- How could you not?

http://summer-skies.deviantart.com/art/Hippo-Bums-76302334