Sunday, December 1, 2013

A Love Note of Sorts

My Dearest Farmington 10th Ward Family,
      I wanted to get up during testimony meeting today and say this, but I knew I'd cry too much and make a fool of myself so I thought I would at least write what I wanted to say.  I have never been in a ward that I love quite as much as you.  You are composed of loving, wise, and strong people, and have accepted and loved our family unconditionally.  You have given me a place to belong, when I never really felt I did before.  You have allowed me to be myself and even loved me for it.  You have taught me and my family and made us feel like we are a part of an extended family.  I appreciate days like today where someone taught an insight in Sunday School that I had never really thought of before, which is my very favorite gift to receive--seeing something in a new and better way.  You give us a safe place to learn and grow, and be vulnerable.  There are times I have been strong while attending, and times I have been broken while attending and you have loved and accepted me all the same.  I have learned so much from many of you.  Your smiles are warm and inclusive every week and you welcome us with open arms.  We feel we have found so many good friends here, and others which we don't know so well, but admire from a distance.  I have even found my own personal Saint in this ward, Saint Teresa who has become a sort of mentor to me.  She has been through more than anyone else I have ever personally met, and has emerged with incredible amounts of grace, dignity, wisdom, and love.  It is people like her that are so Christ-like that make up this ward.  And I thank you so very much.

Love,
Me

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

LOVE this. LOVE that you feel that way about your ward. I wish I had better feelings about my own ward. We must get together soon. I miss you.

DrFlynnDMD said...

I agree, our ward is filled with love, wisdom and understanding. It is a place where one can feel safe and lifted. It is a home where hearts are mended, friendships are made and testimonies found. It is a ward that is not run by fear, manipulation or forced blind obedience. It is an environment where the spirit dwells and all are edified. I'm so glad we are blessed to raise our family here.

Jennefer said...

Beautiful. I could say something similar about my ward.

Julie said...

We had a dinner party last night and I can honestly say I've never felt so endeared to a group of friends. No clicks, no competition. I am so grateful to be here in this area and realize it is a blessing.

Krissy Noel said...

A ward can really make or break your experience living in a neighborhood can't it? Thank goodness your experience is the former and not the latter. Though my ward is old, I am beginning to grow in to it the longer we live here. Although I would love to live in a younger ward, the ward is becoming younger with the new houses being built and actually some of my dearest friends are much, much older than I am: Dearest Maria and also Sondra and Richard who have gone through more than anyone I know and still love each other through their list of health issues. I want to be like them someday.