Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Catching Up
















I really can't believe I made it through summer with my sanity in tact, or at least mostly in tact. Here are some of the things we've been up to lately:


I did my first bike race with Kristen and my Dad. It started at Point of the Mountain and went around Utah Lake. I wouldn't have believed it was 50 degrees when we started if I hadn't of felt it; it was August and FREEZING! I have found a new passion with bike riding and especially enjoy it because Robert, Kristen, and my Dad also do it. I was able to do 54 miles and was quite proud of myself, especially since the last 10 miles was brutal--strong headwinds, freezing, and sore shoulders.

We were able to go to Kauai for 6 glorious days with Krissy and Zack. We snagged the chance to go due to cheap airfare and a free place to stay. It was supposed to be for our 15th wedding anniversary which actually isn't until December. We haven't been away without kids for longer than a weekend EVER so it felt very foreign. I really got into the island way of doing everything slow. My life feels like I am always racing, panicked, and one step behind. We had so many adventures; hikes, a tour of the Napali Coast, snorkeling, shopping, eating out, laying out, photo taking, talking, and playing in the waves. It was extremely therapeutic, and we had the time of our lives. I was so happy to get back to my little kiddies though, I missed them very much although they seemed to do just great without me!

School started. Christian is in 8th grade, Madison is in 5th grade, Hunter 3rd grade, Elisabeth preschool. They were all so thrilled to start and I am glad to have some personal space back! It's also nice to have time with just little AshBear for a couple hours every day.

I am planning a jungle themed birthday party for Elisabeth who LOVES lions and tigers and will be turning 5 at the beginning of September. I am so excited for Fall, my very favorite time of year! That's all for now.

2 comments:

Life's New Adventures at home said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Life's New Adventures at home said...

We are thrilled that you and Robert got to travel to the exotic land of Kaui. We loved the tropics there without all of the heavy heat and humidity. It is always good to get away and enjoy your spouse. Beautiful pictures.

"good on ya mate" as they say in Australia