Monday, October 8, 2012

Conference weekend and more

This weekend I finished my 40 hour training as a rape crisis advocate and counselor.  I loved it and am so grateful to Robert who took over all of my responsibilities for those 40 hours so willingly.  We had a wonderful conference weekend with a big breakfast on Sunday morning, conference bingo, and word searches, and a fire pit in the backyard after.  A big thanks to Robert who finally put my fire pit together, which was a Christmas present 3 years ago!!

Conference Bingo with marshmallows.
I told her to pose, and this is what she chose to do . . .
Fire pit! 



Elisabeth and her best friend Calyn in our backyard.

Smores!
One of my favorite things about being a mom is seeing my kids find their passions.  I
 have been so impressed with Hunter lately as I have watched him blossom in his interests which are writing, hip hop dance, and art.  He has written 65 pages in his book which we plan on publishing into a hard cover book when he finishes!  He was also chosen as dancer of the month at his dance school.  Pretty impressive for a boy in an advanced hip hop class who is two years younger than all of the other students in the class!  Hunter is a boy of many talents!

Hunter, writing his book.

Hunter gets recognized as dancer of the month.

When  Hunter has free time, he either writes or draws.  Here are some of his latest pictures.


I miss having Ashton home during the day so I had him skip school for a day and
we spent the day playing at Boondocks!

Christian gets asked to Harvest Dance!

Ashton at horseback riding lessons with E. wearing his cowboy gear.
I love helping in Elisabeth's classroom every week.  This is a picture
of her doing math facts with me.
Elisabeth at horseback riding lessons.  

1 comment:

Life's New Adventures at home said...

Wonderful and so many memories. How I missed being with family for Conference and watching it in the comfort of our home surrounded by loved ones. We'll look forward to a BBQ in your back yard. Your kids have multiple talents because their parents are not only very talented but because you allow your children to learn, share, and experience talents that are within them. Great job! No cookie cutter copy patterns for you - you're all original and we love it.